Monday, November 10, 2008

Ask Questions - Stepcase Lifehack

Ask Questions - Stepcase Lifehack

When I was an undergrad I tutored Organic Chemistry.  One of the students I tutored was a biology major and a friend - Kathy was also in the karate club,  but that's another story.  She was a challenging person for me to tutor - because she asked questions.  Specifically - "Why does that reaction happen?" and "How do you know that is the product?" and other inconvenient questions.  I could tell her the answers to her homework problems, but answering these questions took effort.

I'm grateful to her - she made me think.  And trying to answer her questions forced me to understand them myself.  Asking questions and trying to answer them is an important step in learning new things. Even asking yourself questions and trying to answer them yourself.  Don't be complacent!  Be curious!  Ask questions!

No comments: