Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Create a Chemical-Free Dryer Satchel ... and Be Sure to Proofread Carefully

Lifehacker.com has a link to a Do It Yourself site for making a sachet you can put in the clothes dryer to make your clothes smell nice.  This one is fun to read just for the comments that other readers have left.  Several point out in amusing ways the absurdity of anything being "Chemical-Free." It's nice to know I'm not the only person out there who is annoyed by such willful ignorance.

Some of the other comments suggest that you probably want to make a "sachet," and not a "satchel" for this project as the Lifehacker title puts it.  This would probably make a big difference in terms of the cost and effectiveness of the project.

In response to the article's suggestion that minty-smelling sheets would be pleasant, one commenter says, "If my sheets smelled like mint, I would probably eat them in my sleep."

Take a look for yourself, and be sure to read the comments too.

DIY: Create a Chemical-Free Dryer Satchel

2 comments:

Edward said...

Hi Steve. I'm starting a sceince blog network and think your blog would fit right in. I'd like to talk to you about hosting your blog, customizing it, increasing your readership, etc. If that sounds interesting, let me know and I'll give you the specifics.

Ciao,
Edward

Edward said...

Hello Again Steve. Things are moving along and I thought it worth dropping you one last note. Best.