Monday, March 23, 2020

Advice from Astronauts

Some book suggestions from Odin



When I was young I wanted to be an astronaut - that didn't happen.  But I still like reading about all things to do with Space.

Here are three excellent books about the challenges of people going to space:
  • Endurance by Scott Kelly who spent a year on the ISS
  • An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield, another ISS astronaut
  • Packing for Mars by Mary Roach about the difficulties we'll face in planning a trip to Mars
Scott Kelly also wrote an article for the NY Times on dealing with isolation: 

I Spent a Year in Space, and I Have Tips on Isolation to Share Take it from someone who couldn’t: Go outside.



1 comment:

cassie67 said...

I enjoyed Packing For Mars. Another space book you might like is Mike Mossimo's Spaceman.