Thursday, September 10, 2009

Staying Safe Even When You Aren't in Lab

With the start of the school year, I spent a lot of time in Lab last week discussing safety.   Perhaps the first rule of being safe in the lab is to pay attention to what is going on around you, and that is true no matter what your situation.

Like the author of this article, I have studied karate.  I've been fortunate - the last time I was in a fight was eighth grade (long before I started taking karate), and I didn't start that fight.  I don't know if my martial arts training has had anything to do with it. It did help me feel a little more comfortable with myself, and self-confidence will make you less of a potential target of people with bad intentions.

How to Recognize Imminent Danger: 7 Essential Safety Rules - Stepcase Lifehack

No comments: