Friday, September 11, 2009

Visit Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store - Wonderful Podcast

Escape Pod is a science fiction podcast magazine.  This week's episode is "Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store" - a wonderful short story about a mysterious old book shop.  It was originally posted on Robin Sloan’s blog, and has been turned into an audio podcast by the people at Escape Pod. 

Just to give you a taste, here is the beginning:
IT’S 2:02 A.M. ON A COLD SUMMER NIGHT.
I’m sitting in a book store next to a strip club.
Not that kind of book store. The inventory here is incredibly old and impossibly rare. And it has a secret—a secret that I might have just discovered.
I am alone in the store. And then, tap-tap, suddenly I’m not.
And now I’m pretty sure I’m about to snap my laptop shut, run screaming out the front door, and never return.


The audio runs about 45 minutes and is well worth the time.  You you can read the original.

EP215: Mr. Penumbra’s Twenty-Four-Hour Book Store
Via Boing Boing

No comments: